Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Computer Viruses and a Stolen Guitar

Yay, I battled a nasty computer virus and won! Seriously, this thing was not going anywhere. It's called Skynet (Yes, it's named after the fictitious organization in Terminator.) It would sit on everything we opened and sloooowwwwitdownnnnn. Plus it kept inviting it's annoying friend viruses over to mess up the place. We bought and downloaded Spyware Doctor, which we read can get rid of this particular menace. No luck. I tried working with one of their online helping geek guys. We read all kinds of posts about getting rid of this thing. Finally, I went to the Microsoft website and used their Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner and it took care of it. (knock-on-wood)

My wayward daughter popped in unexpectedly with her boyfriend whom I call Bane. She said they were just picking up a few things. Well, one of the things they picked up was MY GUITAR! Jeez! They swiped my guitar. What's up with that?!?!

Okay, back to rewriting (aka- jabbing, poking, beating the heck out of) chapter 37.

3 comments:

randy said...

Good! Now I expect you to check out my Youtube recommendations. I don't want to hear any more excuses ;-/

How well can you play the guitar? I have an acoustic guitar that was my father's (all of his other equipment was stolen too). I've been "playing" since I was eighteen but have horrible dexterity. Alas.

I hope you don't let them get away with taking your guitar. There should be no rewards for breaking a mother's heart.

StrugglingToMakeIt said...

I'm glad to hear you won the battle and sad to hear that you lost a guitar. In happier news, I'm looking forward to working my way through the crit forest to chapter 37! Can't wait to see what happens next...

A Fortnight of Mustard said...

Randy, I'm a horrible guitar player. I lack musical talent. That doesn't stop me from trying, though. I'm on my way to Youtube ;)

Nik, I'm eager to see what you think about 37. It has some problems. It keeps shrinking and growing and shrinking again. I could publish a book of outtakes from that chapter alone. LOL
I'm trying to remember that the reader doesn't need to know each and every detail about every minor character and every detail about the main characters' pasts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...