Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why a Fortnight of Mustard?

For reasons I will not mention, I'm relocating to a new blog. I hope it won't be bombarded by insults from a certain bane that recently entered my sanctuary. I cross my fingers that certain somebodies won't even be aware of the existence of A Fortnight of Mustard.

Why "A Fortnight of Mustard"?
It's merely a random pairing of words within eye-shot of my computer, but it's adopted a meaning. Or perhaps I've discovered the meaning. Faith the size of a mustard seed can move a mountain. (I don't recall the verbatim Bible quote.)

Then my sister gave me a ball of mustard-colored yarn. "Knit a prayer," she said. And so I begin. Perhaps it'll take a fortnight to come to fruition.

2 comments:

karabu said...

Okay. I'm all caught up now. Read it backward, but that's cool. Now it's fine if you want to start a new blog. I can understand that, but you have to tell a person! I thought for a sec that my RSS was goofed up.

Coincidentally there is also a famous story in Buddhism about a mustard seed and the loss of a child.

Also, I want to pick your brain about writing groups, but I always forget until I'm halfway home. Can you help remind me the next time I see you?

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

Oh, I guess I should have said something. A friend of mine only just realized I had a blog at all.

I'll have to look up the Buddhism story. Very serendipitous.

Ah, writing groups: I'm on this one. http://www.internetwritingworkshop.org/index.shtml
I was doing the novels list, but for now I'm off it. I'm going to join the practice list.

I've never been in any face to face writing groups, but I've heard that some of the homeschooling parents used to or currently have a group.

But let's talk in person next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...