Thursday, July 23, 2009

Time For Another Title Change

Sigh...

A new urban fantasy program on the BBC is called Being Human. It sounds awesome and features a werewolf, a vampire, and a ghost sharing an apartment. I'd watch that. Sounds a bit like the start of a joke. Well, the point is, my urban fantasy wannabepleasepleaseplease-novel is...was called To Be Human.

Damn you, BBC! Will you never stop swiping my ideas?

Well, to be fair, they couldn't have known my title, being that it hasn't been published yet. But it's awfully suspicious that they also used my idea to write a show about a time traveling doctor in a police box. (Never mind that it was created in the 60's and I wasn't born until 1970.)

All I'm saying is that I need a new title or it'll look like I'm the copy-cat.

4 comments:

StrugglingToMakeIt said...

Aw man, I really liked TBH. I'm wondering what you'll come up with for the new one, though...

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

I'd love to call it "New Moon" but Stephenie Meyer took that one. I'm open to suggestions if you think of anything.

Jasmine said...

I don't think you have to change it. It's similar, but if the story's not the same, it's fine. Plus they're different mediums. Think of this: There's 'Twilight', and there's 'The Twilight Zone'.

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

That's true. Hey, there's an idea for a fanfiction crossover!

Bella Swan thinks it's an ordinary day in Forks Washington. The windshield wipers swish across the window as she drives through rain to visit her vampire boyfriend. But she's just passed into The Twilight Zone.

Swan? Am I right that that's her last name? Like Elizabeth Swan in "Pirates of the Caribbean"? That's cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...