Thursday, August 27, 2009

Zombie Ants and Virtual Pillows

Zombie Ants?
Curiouser and curiouser...

Here's a great idea for a horror story. Mysterious fungus invades the bodies of ants and controls their behavior. But it's no fiction. See story here: Zombie Ants What next? Pigs controlled by the truffles they dig up? Zombie pigs- now there's an idea. How about bread that springs to life after growing moldy? Ick!

I joined Facebook after being prodded by several people. I'm sorry, maybe I'm not doing it right, but I still don't see the point. Maybe if I was famous people would care what I eat for breakfast or want to know when I drink a cup of coffee, but I'm an ordinary woman in an ordinary world. I threw virtual pillows at several people, giving me a sort of sick virtual pleasure.

Is it just me, or is Facebook confusing? I feel like I randomly poke around and occasionally see something interesting, then I never run across it again. For instance, I think I joined a couple of virtual clubs, but I'm uncertain. Having no resident teenager at the moment, I'm like an Astyanax fasciatus out of water.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...