Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Truth About Chastity Belts and Iron Maidens plus a C.S. Lewis Play and a Bathroom Mirror

I just read some interesting history about chastity belts and iron maidens. You may want to check out author Jeri Westerson's guest entry on Lori Devoti's blog.

In other news, I'll be going to a production of C.S. Lewis's The Screwtape Letters which is one of the best books ever written, in my oh so humble opinion. I can't imagine how they'll perform it, as it is an epistolary novel written as a series of letters.

When I received an advert. card in the mail, I taped it to the bathroom mirror hoping to convey a subtle hint to my dear husband. The darling told me to go ahead and go, but that I should bring a female friend,(I suppose he had to add the stipulation because I of course have dozens of men hanging around me. LOL)because he had no interest in C.S. Lewis and satirical plays about demons. He gets bookoo (sp?) points but doesn't actually have to shell out the dough because his lovely boss offered to pay for the tickets after my husband mentioned it to him. So, in October my sister will be off to see Uncle Screwtape himself. Woo-Hoo!

4 comments:

Travener said...

Oddly enough, a chastity belt plays a very minor role in my novel.

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

You've piqued my curiosity, Travener.

StrugglingToMakeIt said...

I look forward to hearing about the play! I've nominated you for a Kreativ Blogger Award over on my blog. Pop over there and have a look when you get a chance if you'd like.

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

You're a sweetie, Nik. Thanks. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...