Monday, October 26, 2009

Winged Kittens

I had a mythical moment today while reading the Pennysaver ads. There was an advert for a grey and white winged kitten. Now I've seen winged ginger tabbies, but grey and white?!?!



Kidding.

We thought it must be a typo or perhaps that was a particular pattern type. I did a search and found that some cats do indeed have "wings" either from matted hair or a skin condition that causes extra flaps of skin to grow. There was one case where the owner claimed the wing growth was due to stress because too many females were hot to mate with him.

Okay...

You know, that could start a new trend- men wearing prosthetic wings under their muscle shirts claiming to be stressed by too many female admirers. They'll be photoshopping wings onto their MySpace pics.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one amazing, darn cat!
-Cecily

Nyssa said...

I want a winged cat! Let's get it!! :D

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

LOL

The one on the motorcycle is Peter. I haven't shown him how he looks with wings yet. I used to draw a comic strip in which Peter rode a recumbent bicycle that had wings on it. Guess I have a thing for wings.

karabu said...

Some symbolism there too methinks. . . cute angelic feathered wings for the cat, and black bat wings for the man. Hummm. . .

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

LOL Kara,
Well, I wanted him to look just a wee bit dangerous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...