Thursday, December 17, 2009

Camels Are Cool



It's funny how animals, especially farm animals and zoo animals make even grown ups giddy. Even ordinary animals in unusual places can do that, like puppies in purses. On our way home from one of our homeschooling groups we saw this illusive camel. We've spotted him once before, but we actually had a chance to experience him up close. The girls even got to pet him.

There was quite a crowd gathered on the side of the road and this is not a crowd-gathering friendly road. It's a fast road with little shoulder. It's littered with broken glass and lined with a barbed-wire fence. The crowd was mainly grown ups with no kids and they were going gaga over the camel. Fantastic! No wise men to be seen, but I guess they'll be around after Christmas. Epiphany is on January 6th, I believe. ;)

4 comments:

randy said...

I never met an animal I didn't like and they never cease to make me feel better when I see them. We've got a lot of different kinds around here, there's even a zebra. Some of them are even wild. The oddest thing I've seen walking on this property was a full-bloomed peacock. We also had a family of five baby skunks making the rounds every day. I think their mother was hit by a car so they had to venture out on their own. Poor Wally found out the hard way why it's not a good idea to get too close. Poor me had to bathe him in. Boy was I mad.

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

Oh wow! My parents had baby racoons in a wood pile. So cute.

Sharon Mayhew said...

I feel like a total dud...I've only had cats, dogs, horses, goats, chickens, a duck and a pig as a pet.

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

LOL
Sharon, I don't think that makes you a dud!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...