Monday, December 7, 2009

Weird Snow


Okay, for some, snow is no big deal, but where I live, it's weird. We just don't get snow. Once in a while, in the winter we might get a bit on the mountain, but today all we had to do was go to the park near my sister's house. It was bizarre and wonderful!

The girls said it was because one of them wished for it. I'm inclined to believe them. I've lived here nearly my entire life and I've not seen anything like it until now. They didn't play long. We didn't have what you'd call, snow gear- just a couple of pair of socks each, tights, and sweat pants. Dumb San Francisco Bay Area kids.

5 comments:

Sharon Mayhew said...

We live in NE Iowa and had our first real snow this weekend. The grass is covered (barely), but we are supposed to get six to twelve inches over the next two days. I can hardly wait!

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

Oh wow, Sharon, I'm jealous. :)
Well, maybe not about the shoveling and all of that. :p

StrugglingToMakeIt said...

I'm so jealous! I love snow!

randy said...

Hi Amanda,

how is Peter feeling? Any word on the EKG?

Amanda The Semi-Published said...

Nik, I'd send you some snow, but it's gone now. :(

Randy. They didn't find anything with the EKG or any of the blood tests. He's feeling better, but the doctor's putting a heart monitor on him to capture data when he gets the palpipations. No bike rides up the mountain for now, but otherwise he's going about his daily business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...