Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo: Day Two (Some fun stuff)

I have 1858 words written for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I don't have the smallest wordcount of all my buddies, but I'm on the lower side. That's okay. I didn't expect I'd be cranking out 2000 or more a day.

Wizard Rock fans, Brian Malfoy, of "Draco and The Malfoys" is recording a new song each day of NaNo. Listen on their blog.

My friend Kara of A Karabu Creation turned me on to this NaNo vid.



Kara, my niece Jasmine (of Fruity Dragon), and I went to a NaNo cafe party thingy the day before the great NaNo kickoff. This was my first official NaNo event. I was surpised at the number of people there. It was a huge coffee/tea drinking NaNo rally!

We made little plot bunnies. We each recieved a sheet of origami paper where we wrote a plot element to help another writer when he/she gets stuck during the month. We folded them into bunny shapes. You could take one home if you wanted. Otherwise, they kept them for us and while at a write-in you take one if you hit a wall in your story.

Kara, Jasmine, and I each took one. I'm dying to open mine, but I shall resist until dire need.

13 comments:

dracoandthemalfoys said...

Thanks for the plug! Good luck!

Summer Ross said...

That video was great!
The plot bunnies are a cute idea. I'd be way curious what was in mine...lol
I managed 1410 words last night.

Congrats on your word count. You have a great start!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL You're welcome and thanks! So honored Draco and The Malfoys dropped by my blog! :)

Summer, I'm honored to have you at my blog too. ;) Wow, 1410 words is awesome! You're doing great too! :)

Nicole Zoltack said...

I wrote 1821 yesterday. I do most of my writing after everyone's alseep so I haven't added much yet, I'm at 2118 now.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Nicole, that's great! I seem to do best in the morning before anyone is up... that is, unless bed sucks me down into its cozy-warm clutches. They should do NaNo in the summer.

Amie Kaufman said...

You're beating me, fear not! I seriously need to catch up.

Also, that video kills me. I adore that song!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Hi Amie. :) Keep on writing. Who knows what'll happen before the end!

Medeia Sharif said...

This post is full of cuteness. I want to create some plot bunnies.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Thanks Medeia! :)
Yeah, those plot bunnies are so cool. I nearly opened mine today.

karabu said...

So how's the bunny now? I forgot about mine until now. He may not make it through the night. . .

Amanda Borenstadt said...

I pinned him to the bulletin board over my desk next the the sticker that says "In Case of Zombie Apocalypse, follow me." I thought it was fitting. He is still closed up tight. It's only the first week. I will not give in yet! :p

(p.s. Save your bunny after you use him. I may need him after. Hmm.. that could be interesting- using the same plot bunny in two very different stories.)

Jayne said...

Oh my. I am in LOVE with that plot bunny. What a wonderful idea! And you only open it when you are stuck? I tell you, it's love.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL
Thanks, Jayne. :)
I think today's the day my plot bunny gets opened.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...