Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Writers Conference and An Award

I'm having a busy and educational week at the Catholic Writers Conference Online and it's only Tuesday. Whew! I'm learning about characters, what details to include, blogging, publishing, G.K. Chesterton, and so much more!

I'm also helping out this year with moderating chats and transcribing. It's scary because I fear I'll totally mess something up, but I enjoy feeling useful.

Maybe I'll become a better writer for all this. I hope so. Already I've had the opening of my work in progress, Twelve Keys, critiqued and I think I got excellent advice! Now I just need a minute to apply it. The kids still need to be homeschooled and fed, (though I'm sure they'd be happy eating cereal, drawing, and reading all day).

Perri at Lesser Apricots gave me the Stylish Blogger Award.



So, now I have to tell you 7 things about myself:



1. I currently have a small tribe of Playmobile people standing around on my kitchen counter for no apparent reason.

2. I love pizza, especially pineapple, but I'll eat any kind.

3. I love coffee, but I gave it up for Lent so I'm craving it, but on Easter I'll be celebrating with a nice cup at brunch!

4. I have two cats and two birds. It's a dumb pet combination. Don't try this at home.

5. I hate wearing shoes.

6. I love rain. Maybe that's from growing up in California where we constantly say, "We need the rain."

7. I rather read, write, or do practically anything else than go shopping... unless it's at a book store.

Now I'll pass on the award to 7 people. Too bad it's just 7, because I could give it to dozens and dozens! I know so many stylish bloggers. Now don't feel bad if I didn't pick you. Maybe I just thought you were so stylish, you already got the award. ;)
Oh dear, did I just offend the people I did pick?  Well, here goes anyway...

1.Kara at A Karabu Creation
2.Joylene Nowell Butler
3.Hannah at Musings of a Palindrome 
4.DRC at Writing Thrilling Fiction
5. Nissa at the Lina Lamont Fan Club
6. Kate Jonez
7. Shelley at Writ, Written, Wrote

11 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Love the Playmobiles. LOL.

There's a story in there, I'm sure.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL Thanks, Maria! :)
And they don't even appear to be frightened of the toy hamsters nearly as tall as they are!

Nissa Annakindt said...

Thanks for the award. I'll have to visit the other award winners on your list.

I'm playing a game with the award winners I selected--- I'm asking the readers of my blog to visit them and let them know about their award so they'll get the news from someone other than me. Interesting to see if that works.

By the way, your Playmobile people are plotting against me....

The word verification word is 'eingshy'. I'm feeling really eingshy today....

DRC said...

They say there's a story in everyone, and this is proof that it starts young. Either that or Toy Story wasn't just a work of fiction...lol...

Thanks for the award. It was fun ;D

Tony said...

Congrats on being stylish! :-) I probably couldn't give up coffee, it might set me off.

And--confessions time--I also like pineapple pizza, but my father considers it sacrilege.

Joylene Butler said...

Amanda, you shouldn't have! But I love it. Thank you. I'm late because I've been sic with the nasty stomach flu. It's a doozy, so I hope you're germ free. Thanks again. I'll take a few days to think up 7 things, then post my findings.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL Nissa. Don't worry, the Playmobile may be many, but they are small.
I'll go check out your winners too. :)

DRC, you're so right and you're so welcome. :)

Thanks Tony. Oh, your father just doesn't know what he's missing. :)

Poor Joylene. I'm sorry you're sick. :( Rest up and get better soon.

Beth said...

Congratulations on your win! I always loved Playmobil people. And the only shopping I like to do is in bookstores too!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Thanks Beth. We're so much alike! :)

Shelley HW said...

Thank you for the nomination! I'm touched.

As for your tribe of playmobile people, that just makes sense! Currently I seem to have a parking lot on my counter, a race track beside my computer printer, and an ocean's worth of plastic sea creatures strewn about my bathub. Five year olds are swift in their movements.
As for the pineapple pizza, try it with a bit of feta. It's just the right amount of sweet with sour.

Thanks again,

Shelley

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Hi Shelley. Yay, you have a busy mini-kingdom too. :)

Oh, now I NEED pizza w/pineapple and feta. Sounds like the perfect combo! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...