I'm having a busy and educational week at the Catholic Writers Conference Online and it's only Tuesday. Whew! I'm learning about characters, what details to include, blogging, publishing, G.K. Chesterton, and so much more!
I'm also helping out this year with moderating chats and transcribing. It's scary because I fear I'll totally mess something up, but I enjoy feeling useful.
Maybe I'll become a better writer for all this. I hope so. Already I've had the opening of my work in progress, Twelve Keys, critiqued and I think I got excellent advice! Now I just need a minute to apply it. The kids still need to be homeschooled and fed, (though I'm sure they'd be happy eating cereal, drawing, and reading all day).
Perri at Lesser Apricots gave me the Stylish Blogger Award.
So, now I have to tell you 7 things about myself:
1. I currently have a small tribe of Playmobile people standing around on my kitchen counter for no apparent reason.
2. I love pizza, especially pineapple, but I'll eat any kind.
3. I love coffee, but I gave it up for Lent so I'm craving it, but on Easter I'll be celebrating with a nice cup at brunch!
4. I have two cats and two birds. It's a dumb pet combination. Don't try this at home.
5. I hate wearing shoes.
6. I love rain. Maybe that's from growing up in California where we constantly say, "We need the rain."
7. I rather read, write, or do practically anything else than go shopping... unless it's at a book store.
Now I'll pass on the award to 7 people. Too bad it's just 7, because I could give it to dozens and dozens! I know so many stylish bloggers. Now don't feel bad if I didn't pick you. Maybe I just thought you were so stylish, you already got the award. ;)
Oh dear, did I just offend the people I did pick? Well, here goes anyway...
1.Kara at A Karabu Creation
2.Joylene Nowell Butler
3.Hannah at Musings of a Palindrome
4.DRC at Writing Thrilling Fiction
5. Nissa at the Lina Lamont Fan Club
6. Kate Jonez
7. Shelley at Writ, Written, Wrote