Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Rat Sonnet

A friend of mine asked everyone to write a spring poem. Here's mine. It's about an angry rat and the reason that is... well, I won't go into it. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Rat Sonnet # 1


Each horror I escape is like my grave.
To a she rat as I, all is death.
The pressing sun by day makes me a slave.
But night is when I catch my squeaking breath.

The moon above shatters my vicious thoughts.
Rip out my pale bucktooth will and make time.
You are so slow, he rat. My patience rots.
Your twisted tail and patchy pelt match mine.

But by your waddling dawdling gait
A people kitchen is your frequent haunt.
I crave the city's wild streets when it's late
Where I feast like a plague, though I grow gaunt.

Still, I will wander under bone white moon.
While you sleep sugar fed in a snug room.


A pet rat we once had.
Okay, if you're still here, I'll tell you why I wrote about an angry rat. I misread my friend's facebook post. He was listing things to write about and one was "love" and another was "angry rant" and I thought it said "angry rat." I told him about the mix-up but he held me to it. So, this is about an angry rat in love. I was inspired by the magnetic poetry on my fridge. It's zombie themed, a gift from my niece, Jasmine. You can see her blog here.

Now for a music video about the plague:

8 comments:

Matthew MacNish said...

Oh man! That video was hilarious!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL I know. And educational too!

Joylene Butler said...

You are too cute, Amanda. An angry rant. Well, I like your story better!

ps. Just to show how unique you and your blog are. My word verification for my comment is f a r t i n g.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

ROFL!!! Joylene~ That's why I love word verification! :)
Now I want to write about a farting rat. :p

Carole Gill said...

The poem--the video,it's early here I've go loads of work, stress to come AND I'M SMILING!
So entertaining. Love your poem and the video too.

fantastic, yes and educational! what a great way for kids to learn abuot the Plague!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Carole, I'm so glad I made you smile. :)
Have a great day!

교인애 Inae Kyo said...

Because the world needs more angry rats. Farting.

salyno.
(Word verification word. Means 'goodbye, and thanks for all the rats.)

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL The world sure does!
Salyno Inae. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...