Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award

Thank you, Joylene Butler for this award! You are so sweet!
Her blog is "A Moment at a Time on Cluculz Lake" http://cluculzwriter.blogspot.com/

The Rules:

1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 8 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.

Seven Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a thing for biplanes and every time we watch a movie with one in it I ask my husband, "When are we going to get our biplane?"
2. I used to be a La Leche League Leader (volunteer breastfeeding councelor).
3. I own a small gong because who wouldn't want to own one?
4. I guess I've liked steampunk since I was a little girl, but I didn't know the term for it. Did they even have that word back then?
5. I need music, but I'm unmusical. My singing is horrid and I can't play an instrument.
6. I guess my love of languages is like my love of music. I love to listen to languages: English(modern, Middle-a.k.a. Chaucer's, and Old English) and foreign languages, but I can barely handle English and I've failed at learning three separate foreign languages.
7. I love ginger--ginger tea, ginger candy, ginger anything.

I pass the award to:

1. A Karabu Creation http://karabucreations.blogspot.com/
She discusses conflict in stories in a recent post, but poke around her blot until you find the blue sheep. You won't be sorry.

2. Writing Thrilling Fiction http://nhwcwritingexercises.blogspot.com/
You'll want to see Friday's post and her pic of the week- weird statue! Get over there!

3.Anthony J. Rapino http://www.anthonyjrapino.com/
The Professor awaits your call. To find out what I mean- read June 17th post. ;)

4. Medeia Sharif http://www.medeiasharif.com/
Find out what Medeia has recently read and learn about her own novel coming out in July!

5. The Word is My Oyster http://lydiakang.blogspot.com/
On Friday Lydia asked what we're reading. But don't forget to also check out her Medical Mondays where she answers writers' questions.

6. Writ, Written, Wrote http://shelleyhw.blogspot.com/
Ripping up a piano??? You'd better read Friday's post.

7. The Lina Lamont Fan Club http://linalamont.blogspot.com/
Go visit my favorite Whovian Fangirl in the Galaxy and she what she has to say!

8. Diamond- Yup, Like the Stone http://lbdiamond.wordpress.com/
She's a psychiatrist and a writer. So she always has something interesting to say. Be sure to check out her Mental Health Mondays in addition to her other super posts.

17 comments:

Lydia K said...

Aw, thank you Amanda! I loved learning more about you. I'm a fan of ginger candy too.:)
And congrats to the other award recipients!

Tony said...

Thanks, Amanda! I better get a little bitter to balance out the sweet. :-P

Amanda Borenstadt said...

You're welcome Lydia. :)
Yay for ginger!

LOL Tony. :P

Joylene Butler said...

A gong! I love it. Congratulations, Amanda. Have a wonderful Father's Day.

Medeia Sharif said...

Thank you! I'm going to put it on my blog awards page right now.

Those are interesting facts about yourself. I've always wanted to hit a gong. And I don't remember the word "steampunk" as a child.

Paul S said...

I love the gong as well!
Congratulations Amanda, I'm another of the recipients of Joylene's award so I thought it was the least I could do to come over and visit your blog.
I noticed on your profile that Joe Versus The Volcano is one of your favourite films, so that's something we've got in common already. Fans of JVV are few and far between so it's nice to meet another one and Ladyhawke is another of my favourite too

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Joylene and Medeia~ about the gong- I was just looking around searching for something random to mention and my eyes fell on the gong hanging in my bedroom. LOL

Paul~ Yay, JVV! Every time I watch that movie I notice something new. It's a whole philosophy lesson wrapped into a quirky film. Same with Ladyhawke, though without the quirkiness. I think... I don't have a finely honed quirk detector. Anyway, congratulations to you too! :)

AnthonyJRapino said...

Salright, I posted about the award. Thanks again. :-)

Amanda Borenstadt said...

You're welcome again, Tony. :)

karabu said...

Awww, you're sweet too. Oh, you already knew that, you got the award first.

And to jump into the comment discussion - I love Ladyhawk. I remember seeing it as a kid. I named my lead character in my first novel Isabel because I like they way everyone in that movies said it. Then Twilight had to take that name, so now I don't think it's so good to use. :(

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Kara~ Yeah, Twilight took all the good names- character names, book titles.

DRC said...

Thank you for the award! That's my second now - both from you...lol. I will be sure to do the award acceptance speech soon.

Again, thanks, (and how did you know I was irresistibly sweet... :D

Amanda Borenstadt said...

DRC~ You're very welcome.
I could tell you're sweet. Just look at your profile pic. What's sweeter than a fairy! ;)

Shelley HW said...

Thank you Amanda. Most of all, thank you for reading my blog! I'll post and pass this award on.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

You are very welcome, Shelley. :)

Lina Lamont said...

Thanks for the award! Been busy with my offline life--- cats are having kittens, stealing one another's kittens and so on, and so haven't blogged for awhile, need to write a post on Richard Nixon as a Doctor Who companion....

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Nissa~ Cool. I'm looking forward to reading that post! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...