Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NaNoWriMo for Young Writers and Homeschooling Parents

Today's the first day of NaNoWriMo, National NovelWriting Month. I've done it twice before. I've succeeded once. Well, I succeeded in writing a very poor zombie novel with flat characters.

This year, sitting in my chocolate induced daze, I resist the urge to tackle NaNo again, especially since I'm about half to two quarters the way through my WIP. But after some coaxing from my niece, I'm giving in. I'll approach NaNo as NaNoPoint5.  That is, I'll use it to complete my half-finished novel.

Enough droning about my project, I'm here to encourage you and your kids too. Unless you are an under 21, in which case, you're a kid to me. (Insert obnoxious toothy grin.) Did you know that NaNo has a kid section? Yeppers!  Here's that link. As a homeschooling mom, I get to call the time I ignore my kids while doing my own writing, "Homeschooling Time," and let them work on their own stories. Is that the best scam or what?

So, brew your poison--coffee, oolong, or some newfangled beverage with a cryptic name, dip your hand into the kid's candy stash, and start your NaNo flop... I mean masterpiece.
rainbow coffee

6 comments:

Mohamed Mughal said...

"Half to two quarters"?....is that like "Six of one and half a dozen of the other?"....anyway, good luck with Nano!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

ROFL
Can you tell I was an English major and not a math major? :P
Thanks, Mohamed!

Kara Hartz said...

So NaNo Sucked you back in too, huh? Well, good luck! If you want any extra write ins - let me know!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Kara, thanks. It was mainly Jasmine who pulled me back into NaNo. I guess I'm her NaNo codependent. LOL
Yeah, we should try to do some extra writing days.

Joylene said...

I think you're attempting to do it one more time is inspiring. Best of luck, Amanda.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Thanks, Joylene! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...