Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Harry Potter Oscar Nomination? and Playing "Hedwig's Theme"

It will be interesting to see if Harry Potter And the Deathly Hallows Part 2 gets an Oscar nomination. The movie series hasn't been up for any major awards. I think it's about time one gets Best Picture or Best Director. But that's just my opinion. Read more on this at Mugglenet.

The Art Directors Guild nominated Deathly Hallows 2 in the Fantasy Film category. According to an article at Mugglenet, this isn't a good sign as far as the Oscars go. Apparently the Oscars don't usually pick from the ADG's fantasy category.

Oh well, I don't generally watch award shows. I just like what I like.

Premiere photo

Sorry. Slow blog day for me. "Hedwig's Theme" is seeping into my brain. Both of my 10 yr olds have been practicing it on the piano. If you've watched any of the movies, you know this song. It's heard over and over. John Williams composed this brilliant tune. If you google on YouTube you can take a listen, but in case you want a quick link, I found "Hedwig's Theme" being played on the ocarina.

5 comments:

Kara Hartz said...

I think the Academy will be contented to continue ignoring Harry Potter. Whatever. A winning movie lately is almost guaranteed to be one I don't like. To each their own I suppose.
I can't get my girls into the Harry Potter books no matter how I try, but they love the music, and ask for it often. Good song to have in your head!

Medeia Sharif said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I hope it isn't ignored.

I'll check out the video.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Kara~ Too bad your girls aren't into it. Then again, maybe that's ok. My oldest was addicted to H.P. for a while there, (until the boyfriend came along- LOL). You couldn't talk to her about anything else!

Medeia~ Me too. They've been ignoring all of the H.P. films. But this being the last, and best of them, I hope it will be recognized.

Lydia Kang said...

My son played that on the piano. It was fun bc he was so into Harry Potter when he learned it.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

That's awesome, Lydia! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...