Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pinterest: Nifty Picture Hunting

From Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book
Have you seen Pinterest? My sister and niece turned me on to this site. When you're browsing the internet, you can "pin" images you find to your Pinterest wall, sticking them into whatever boards you have set up. For instance, I have one for steampunk, one for films, another for my wip, Twelve Keys.
And I can look at the boards of my friends on there.

hats

If images inspire your writing, you may want to check this out. It can be a time zapper, but an interesting one. It's by invite only, so if you want an invitation, give me your email and I'll send you one.
The Steam House

6 comments:

Joylene said...

Amanda, this sounds like something I could use a lot. Yes, please invite me.

thanks.
Joylene Nowell Butler, Author

joylene dot butler at gmail dot com

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Cool. I sent the invite! :)

AnthonyJRapino said...

Oh, that sounds cool. I'll have to go give it a look. Thanks!

Kara Hartz said...

I've been purposely avoiding pintrest because I'm afraid another fun way to goof off online would be bad for me. But you make a good argument for it being useful too. What to do. . .what to do. . .

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Tony, you should join just so I can see what sorts of pictures you'd pin. :)

Kara, I'm sending you an invite. ;)

Medeia Sharif said...

I have a Pinterest account, but I've only pinned two things. I'm glad I haven't gotten addicted to it yet. I'm already all over the internet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...