Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Script Frenzy Is On Its Way: For Adults, Teens, and Even Kids!

Script Frenzy begins April 1st. It's kind of like NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), but for scripts, screenplays, stage plays, web series, TV shows, short films, and graphic novels.

You write 100 pages in 30 days. Whew! I will not be attempting this, however, I want to put the word out because I know that YOU can do it!


It's free to participate, but it's real sweet to donate a little something to them because they have great resources and it's super of them to organize this.

One great resource is the Script Frenzy Young Writer Program for kids and teens. All you teens, homeschooling families, and teachers, you may want to get in on this!

Edited:Okay, I'm adding this explanation, because I had assumed everyone was familiar with the NaNoWriMo idea and therefore didn't need Script Frenzy explained. But, alas, I was wrong. (As I so often am.)

Script Frenzy will NOT own your script. That is YOURS to submit to an agent, film studio, your high school drama teacher, or to give to grandma for christmas, or whatever one does with such things. You just log in your page count, and ta-da! And... um... that's it. Well, if it's like NaNo, maybe they give you a nifty icon thingy to post on your blog.

Plus in the end, you get to feel very groovy that you reached your goal... oh, and you have a script, or graphic novel... if that's what you wrote.  If that's not what you wrote, and you end up with a graphic novel, that would be odd, but kinda cool. But I digress.

They will not give you anything nor take anything from you. But they do have great resources on their site, so check it out. Script Frenzy

6 comments:

Jeremy Bates said...

I checked out the website you mentioned and it is a good resource for new or young writers.

I could do 100 pages in 30 days, but for free? Um, I don't think I will participate.

Me likey money! lol

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Don't we all! Like money, that is. :)

Well, they don't keep your script. You just log your page count at the web site. Your script is yours to submit someplace if you want and hopefully sell. The "free" just refers to participating in the month long frenzy, just like durring NaNoWriMo. And, just like NaNo, they offer tips, encouragement, and that sort of thing. It's good encouragement for people who wouldn't normally write a script-- forces you to get your tail in the chair and your hands on the keyboard. (Or pen to paper.)
But they don't own your creation. That, you keep. :)

Joylene said...

I would really love to try this. I've always wanted to attempt a script. But, I can't! I shouldn't. I'm so far behind in everything else. I better not. I'm not going to.

But thanks for letting me know such a exercise exists, Amanda. I'll be on the lookout next year.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Joylene~ yeah, I don't have time this year either. Maybe next year, we'll both do it! :) I want to try doing a graphic novel! That counts too.

Lydia Kang said...

I have never tried to write a script but if I did, I'd love to do this!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Lydia, yeah, it looks like fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...