Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Don't Panic

May 25th is fast approaching, so get your towel ready! That is the day that fans of Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker's Guild to the Galaxy fame) commemorate their favorite writer's life by carrying around towels all day.

If you don't understand the reference, you have't read the Guide, Towel Day would be the perfect day to start the trilogy (of five books) :p.  And if you get the towel reference (because you've read the books or seen the movie), and you love Adams' work, but you've never celebrated Towel Day, I hope this will be the year.

Step over to one of the Towel Day sites, such as this one- TowelDay.net and share news, Towel Day pictures, and play games, or this one and learn about events around the globe. Or come visit the facebook site May 25th Towel Day.

Me on Towel Day 2011 with my 42 Towel
You too can stick a nifty Towel Day timer on your blog. I made mine at mycountdown.org.

9 comments:

Nissa Annakindt said...

I can't do towel day since a certain cat of mine used my last clean towel to have kittens on.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Guess she's a Douglas Adams fan. ;)

Anthony Rapino said...

I've never celebrated mainly because I always forget. Should be fun! :-)

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Tony, toss towels around your house now, so in the morning you'll be sure to remember. ;)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Okay, now you've got my attention. I'm rushing out to find out what towel day is all about. I know who Douglas Adams is. A wonderful British comedian. Hmm? Off to do some research.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Joylene, we'll have you waving your towel and drinking pan-galactic gargle blasters before you know it. LOL

Chris said...

Hi Amanda, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Kara Hartz said...

Tomorrow is a work day for me, but luckily we have towels all over the place! Whoo! I will spread the word!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Thanks Chris. I'll check out your blog! :)

Kara, I hope your coworkers don't think you're crazy. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...