Thursday, May 17, 2012

Truth is stranger than friction

Yes, you read that right. LOL

The rocks in a woman's pocket got jostled around, rubbing against eachother, and caught her shorts on fire. Strange. Read about it here. Now, if I wrote this into a story, people would either think it was dumb and unbelievable, or if a more skilled writer took it on, it could possibly be thought of as magical realism.

Or if you like, read this story about puppies falling from the sky.

And in other news, the pro bike racer guys (the ones who do Tour de France), came through my town. The Amgen Tour of California is on now. We went out to watch and I filmed it.

6 comments:

Summer Ross said...

LOL- I'm often bewildered by the things that happen in reality that can't be put into fiction quite as well- yet we strive for the truth as writers.

Nissa Annakindt said...

Weird. Reminds me of the one on Mythbusters where they investigated old reports of Australian farmers whose pants exploded. I don't know if the myth was busted or confirmed but I do know they blew up some pants in the end.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Me too, Summer. And you're so right.

Nissa, oh yes, they always blow something up in the end. LOL

Anthony Rapino said...

Wow,, that's pretty wild! It's true though, some things are so strange they *have* to be true!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Stranger than fiction. Ha. I love these stories. Makes me want to outwit them in my WIP. The joke's on me, cause readers don't fall for that stuff, even if it is real.

Nice video. The day looked beautiful and a lot warmer than it is here.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Tony, it's true! LOL
Joylene, yep, very warm. At least it's not totally hot yet. I dread summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...