Sunday, June 3, 2012

Random Quirks

Howdy. A critique partner of mine was instructed to give her character a quirk. I found for her a NPC Generator. That's a non-player character, in role playing speak. But it could be useful, or at least fun, for fiction writers.

It will provide you with names, nicknames, interests, quirks, and more. For instance, it just popped up a character for me named Fastger Konr. He's pushy, resentful, and astonishingly hairless. I think I knew a guy like that once.



Here's the link to James's NPG Generator. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

My dad nicknamed me Josephina, the laughing hyhena as a kid. That pretty well summed me up. I love quirks. My Mum loved peanut butter and cheddar sandwiches. I had an uncle who couldn't speak English very well, but would offer be heard saying, "Them stupid Frenchmen!" Yes, he was French. I asked mum if he knew what he was saying, and she say, "Oh, yeah."

Amanda Borenstadt said...

LOL I love it! And you make a great point. Our own families have so many unique quirks. They can be such good inspirations for our writing. I'm no good at actually making real people into fictional characters, but I for sure draw on aspects of people I know to incorporate into my characters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...