Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Egyptian Stuff


Has it been so long since I blogged!?!?  We've been busy.
 
Our family went to the Egyptian museum in San Jose as a homeschooling fieldtrip for our 6th grade twins. And they each wrote a research paper complete with bibliography. They aren't at the in-text citation stage yet. We'll try that next.

Egyptians drank a lot of beer. On the tour of the simulated tomb, the docent asked us to identify the painting of some sort of beverage. When one of my kids answered, "beer" more than one person giggled. But she was right!

Enjoy some of the photos we took! I hope you too get a chance to visit. :)
Beer strainer and other Egyptian objects
Cat Mummy
Nefertiti
 
Egyptian coffin
Egyptian beer cup
All images were taken by me or else one of the kids. Feel free to use them under the following license guidlines:
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

4 comments:

Lea said...

I'm sure the kids enjoyed the trip! I really want to visit Egypt but a trip to a museum like that would suffice for now. Great shots :)

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Thanks, Lea. I'd love to go to Egypt too. That would be awesome. :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I would love to visit the Egyptian exhibit. That's one of the downsides of living north. Vancouver does host some spectacular things, but it's still 500 miles south. Thanks for sharing, Amanda.

lbdiamond said...

Beer! I had no idea. Hmmm...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...