Saturday, October 27, 2012

Next Big Thing


 
I was tagged by LK Hunsaker. After you check out my next big thing, go check out her Next Big Thing!
The rules of the blog hop are simple: Answer ten questions about your WIP (Work in Progress) and tag five more writers/bloggers to do the same.

What is the working title of your book?

The Last Guy on Earth Who isn't a Zombie
 
Where did the idea come from for your book?
From the dark recesses of my brain.  Mmm, brains...

What genre does your book fall under?

YA Fantasy because it's not scary enough to be called Horror.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

Ones who, once they've read the script, wished they'd gone into a profession other than acting.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

Just short of high school graduation, Alice finds herself trapped in her attic by a hoard of zombies, and who should come to her rescue, but the infamously tough guy from school who once punched a teacher.

(My synopsis needs much work.)

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

It will most likely permanently reside in my computer in a folder marked "Abandoned Novel Projects."

How long did it take to write the first draft of your book?

I'll let you know when the first draft is finished. I've restarted it about seven times already and thinking of going for eight.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Dick and Jane and Zombies (I'm kidding of course. Not only is that not YA, but it hasn't been written yet. However, there is a Dick and Jane and Vampires.)

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I wrote a flash fiction piece based on a writing prompt about sound and silence. By unseen forces, I was driven to expand that story.

What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

It will be just the right thickness to level that tippy table you've been thinking of donating to Goodwill.
 
 
Now I tag:
http://dlcruisingaltitude.blogspot.com/
http://bethandwriting.blogspot.com/

 

4 comments:

Kara Hartz said...

I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as you pretend. If you really think so, then time for a break. Write the fairy hitman story for NaNoWriMo (it was a fairy hitman wasn't it?) then come back to your zombies refreshed.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Well, maybe not that bad, but it's had more struggles than most things I've written.

Oh yeah, the fairy hitman. LOL Maybe I should do that one! :)

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

haha, this was hilarious. "Wished they'd gone into another profession" too funny.

Amanda Borenstadt said...

:) Thanks Joylene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...