Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas and Book Giving


Happy December! What are your Christmas (or other winter holiday) plans? What gifts are you giving? Books I hope!

U.S.A. Today (on 11/25) listed the top 150 books (based on sales). Here are the top five.

1 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Third Wheel, Jeff Kinney (Amulet Books) , $13.95
2 Notorious Nineteen, Janet Evanovich (Bantam) , $13.99
3 The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition, Carol V. Aebersold, Chanda B. Bell (CCA and B) , $29.95
4The Forgotten, David Baldacci (Grand Central Publishing) , $14.99
5The Racketeer, John Grisham (Doubleday) , $28.95

Are people buying these as gifts? For themselves? And what about the lesser known titles? Just because a book isn't on the top 150, doesn't mean it's not worthy.

Here are some sources for books you might not have heard of.




Your own local independently owned bookstore. Yes, some of them still exist.

Or click on the links of my followers. Many of them write fine books which they post about on their blogs!

 

 

6 comments:

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Yes, December is a glorious month! I love giving books for gifts, especially my books. Course, everyone I know already has a copy. LOL. I'm thinking of getting my husband a new eBook. Or an ice crusher so we can use up all those Saskatoon berries in the freezer for smoothies. Or one of those new deep fries that only use 1 tbsp of oil so we can live on French Fries. Of course, I'll get him plenty of Westerns too. That's generally all he reads... except for mine.

As for the grandkids...

BOOKS!!!

Kara Hartz said...

Yep, already have at least 3 books purchased for gifts, and many more planned. The gift that keeps on giving!

Amanda Borenstadt said...

Joylene~ Ooo, I vote for the french fry maker. But probably the ice crusher. Smoothies are probably healthier.

Kara~ Oh yes, books are the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Laurel Garver said...

now that my in-laws both have e-readers, I'm hoping to introduce them to lots of new authors! :-)

Amanda Borenstadt said...

That's great Laurel! My mom has a Kindle and she loves it. She just hands it to my sister or me and says, "Put another book on there." :)

lbdiamond said...

Love the Hello Kitty dolls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...